Website Axe Engineering Services
We are looking for a multi-disciplinary Engineer to join our close knit team of CE professionals.
AXE Engineering Services is an established Civil Engineering company embedded within the Greater Whatcom County community, specializing in private land development civil engineering, land use services, and creative stormwater engineering/design. We believe in empowering our people to make decisions that contribute to client satisfaction and performance of the company, and we provide a work environment with flexible work hours to promote a healthy balance between work and private life.
We are looking for a multi-disciplinary Engineer to join our close knit team of CE professionals. As a Professional Engineer, your primary duties will be Civil Engineering/Stormwater Design, with secondary emphasis on Structural Engineering design. You will provide quality engineering and technical solutions that are responsive to our clients’ needs in an innovative, cost effective, professional, and service-oriented manner.
Primary Duties of the role:
- Civil Engineering / Stormwater Design. Secondary duties: Ability to contribute to / learn Structural Engineering design.
- Work independently with minimal supervision to produce quality work to highest engineering standards.
- Prepare, stamp and sign, and submit civil engineering plans and stormwater site plans for city/county public works review.
- Mentor and direct efforts of junior engineering staff to contribute to their career growth while collaborating with other team members for design and plan preparation.
- Work closely w/ builders and developers to determine their project needs and goals, and work to value-engineer the most cost-effective, buildable design.
- Communicate effectively and work well with all types of people, including contractors, other professionals, reviewers from various public jurisdictions, and the general public.
- Collaborate directly with Engineering leadership to develop/plan expansion into new markets, including the addition of structural engineering for single-family residential construction, and improving our internal mentorship program.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in WA State
- 8+ years professional experience in private land development including:
- Western Washington stormwater design/modeling
- Working w/ builders and developers
- Project development and submitting for City/County approvals
- Demonstrated technical writing skills
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational, and time management skills
- Experience / Familiarity with Autocad Civil 3D
- Experience / Familiarity with WWHM2012
- B.S. degree or higher in Civil or Structural engineering
- Licensed Structural Engineer (SE) or very experienced in structural engineering for single-family residential construction as a licensed Civil PE.
AXE Engineering is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org